- In house curriculum (morning)
- Planning and Canyoneering Logistics
- Basic Knots
- Personal Setup
- Anchor Building and Assessment (Evaluating)
- Rope Management
- Descent Techniques
- Basic Self Rescue Skills
- Gear Requirements
- Descending and rappelling practice
- Ascending paractice
- Downclimbing rock faces and chimneys
- Discussion of risk assessment and decision making
- Discussion of appropriate canyons
- TECHNICAL GEAR required for the trip will be provided.
- PERSONAL GEAR you must bring:
- FOOTWEAR (running shoes are sufficient). We supply footwear if there is a chance of getting wet.
- HIKING CLOTHING (nylon shorts, pants & shirts) they dry fast and do not wick warmth away from the body like cotton.
- FOOD AND WATER (snack foods, lunch & at least 100oz of H2O/person)
- SUN HAT
- SMALL DAY PACK
WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE MORNING
- Please park your vehicle behind our shop.
- Bring all of the above personal items into the shop with you.
- Your guide will explain outfitting and how to pack your gear.