Short Day Climbing Adventure
Our short day of climbing is perfect for both, experienced climbers looking for a climbing fix, and complete beginners who are looking for a great introduction. There is no experience necessary for this trip. The quality and variety of climbing in Southern Utah is top notch. Throw in an fun, experienced guide, and participants with a great attitude and you have the perfect recipe for a great day of cragging. A short day generally runs 5-6 hours and is perfect for summer trips as it allows us to climb in the morning on west facing cliffs out of the sun’s reach. A short day usually is the perfect amount of climbing that most people can handle.
Know that when you are setting up a trip with us you are booking a private adventure. This means that there will be no one else along to adversely effect your experience and also allows for your guide to tailor the excursion to your needs.
- Climbing routes to 100ft
- Learn body movement for the vertical world
- Learn how the gear works
- Learn the basics of belaying
- Take in beautiful scenery
- Smile and have fun
- Taking lots of pictures to capture your fun filled educational day
- Technical gear required for the trip will be provided.
- Personal Gear you must bring:
- Footwear (running shoes are sufficient). We supply footwear if there is a chance of getting wet.
- Hiking Clothing (nylon shorts, pants & shirts) they dry fast and do not wick warmth away from the body like cotton.
- Food and Water (snack foods & at least 100oz of H2O/person)
- Sun hat
What to expect in the morning
- Please park your vehicle behind our shop.
- Bring all of the above personal items into the shop with you. Do not worry about packing them in your own pack.
- Your guide will explain outfitting and how to pack your gear.
When to Meet
Times fluctuate a bit according to the season. All trips are Mountain Time! We can not stress this enough.
- Winter- (check with us)
- Spring (March/May)-7:00am
- Summer (June-September)-6:30am
- Fall-(check with us)
Where to Meet
- ZRMG: 1458 Zion Park Blvd Springdale, UT 84767 (we are between the Bestwestern and the Chevron Station) on the west side of the road.
- When we can, we provide transportation to and from the activities locations.
- We reserve the right to occasinally have clients drive themselves to and from the location.
- We appreciate your understanding.
- Do we need any experience?
- No, depending on the climbs chosen there may be some uneven and steep terrain, but the skills associated can be taught and learned during or time together.
- All climbing skills necessary for a great day will be taught as we go.
- How physically fit do I need to be?
- Fitness helps! – but the trails and terrain we choose dictates how hard our trip might be.
- We can tailor any trip to fit your groups needs.
- Can Kids do this trip?
- Absolutely! Kids are natural hikers and climbers. They climb curtains and couches and when rock is present they climb that too. There is no better time for an introduction to the vertical world than when you are a kid.
- The youngest we have taken is 4 years of age.
- How young or old can you be to participate?
- We really don’t have age limits as everyone is different. It’s kind of a case by case basis. Four years of age seems to be about the age when kids start to appreciate it. Seniors are welcome as well. Let us know if you have specific concerns.
- Can people who are scared of heights enjoy Canyoneering?
- Absolutely! If you are willing to give it a shot. For some, it is a great way to overcome or at least face your fear. We like to say that there is good fear and bad fear. Good fear keeps you alive, whereas bad fear keeps you from doing things that you are capable of. Since your trip is private we can also tailor trips specifically for you.
- What if one of us does not want to continue or wants to sit a particular hike out?
- Once we are out we are a pack and we willl stick together. Think hard about this before you book a trip and discuss with us any concerns you might have. We can almost always tailor a day to suit any need.
- Do you provide transportation?
- As much as possible we try to provide transportation. We reserve the right to at times ask clients to drive their vehicle to the activities location.