Zion Rock Climbing 1
The emphasis of this course is to help you build a sound working knowledge of the skills necessary to begin climbing safely. The focus will be on top-roping and single-pitch routes. Basic rope work, anchor skills and movement techniques will also be covered in this course.
This instructional day will be spent learning our curriculum and spending time in the vertical world practicing your new skills.
Prerequisite: There are no prerequisites for this course.
- Planning and Preparation
- Personal Gear
- Ropes and Webbing
- Basic Knots
- Site Considerations
- Anchor Construction
- Anchor Principles
- This instructional day will be spent learning our curriculum and spending time in the vertical world practicing your new skills.
- Technical Gear required for the trip will be provided
- Personal Gear required for the trip will be provided
- Footwear (running shoes are sufficient). We supply footwear if there is a chance of getting wet.
- Hiking Clothing (nylon shorts, pants, shirts) they dry fast and do not wick warmth away from the body like cotton.
- Food And Water (snack foods & at least 100oz of H20 per person)
- Sun Hat
What to expect in the morning
- Please park your vehicle behind our shop.
- Bring all of the above personal items into the shop with you. Do not worry about packing them in your own pack.
- Your guide will explain outfitting and how to pack your gear.
Where and when to meet
- ZRMG: 1458 Zion Park Blvd Springdale, UT 84767 (we are between the Bestwestern and the Chevron Station) Time: 7:00 am (Mountain Time-We cannot stress this enough!)
- When we can we provide transportation to and from the activities loctions.
- We reserve the right to occasinally have clients drive themselves and occasionally the guide to and from the location.
- We appreciate your understanding-as it would break us to provide transportation for every trip.
- For your convenience, the required course forms are available for download in PDF format. These forms can be saved to your desktop and filled out on your computer. Print them out, sign them and mail or fax (435-772-3133) to us.